This resort of Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, a paradise on earth magical location bordering the crater of the Rincon de la Vieja volcano in Guanacaste Costa Rica, located 1 hour and 20 minutes away from Liberia in the middle of the rain forest. A spectacular and scenic drive from Liberia will take you directly to Blue River Resort.
Eco Tourist Resort in Costa Rica with perfect revenue and cash flow stream available for investment, joint venture or purchase. In short, a highly diversified Tourism product with built in multiple tour excursions and tourism possibilities like canopy and tubing, hanging bridges, horseback riding, river rafting, rain forests, rappelling, waterfalls, butterfly gardens, hot spring swimming pools, a “Paradise on earth” and secluded in a lush rain forest, many different volcanoes around with blue Rivers and natural mineral hot springs!
In 2010 Costa Rica’s proud jewel opened when Blue River Resort & Hot Springs (BRR) commenced operations.
The location was an undiscovered magical region by a majestic volcano in the lush rainforest along-side a blue river with natural mineral hot springs, that is convenient for tourists. Three synergistic businesses are operated:
- The hotel capture stays, drop-ins and tours with revenue from room rental, entrance fees, restaurants and the spa.
- The unique and inspiring rainforest captures a large variety of Eco- adventure opportunities used by hotel guests, outside tour operators, 1-day visitors and drop ins
- Blue River Estate captures land and home sales, management fees, home rental fees and business from residents.
- Dino Park, opened in January 2016, its rainforest containing many life-size animatronic dinosaurs living inside “Jurassic” of Costa Rica along a spectacular blue river. This attraction is the only one of its kind in in Central America. There is already tremendous demand that is luring foreign and national families for visits.
18 national and international awards, and compliments show how guests feel completely enchanted and welcomed by the totally remarkable natural environment, the quality of facilities, the service and the many options for relaxation and adventure. The result is a profitable operation with little debt and a tremendous potential for growth.
BUSINESS 1: The Resort
BRR owns and operates on 25 acres that possess world-class, natural mineral hot springs that are rare in the country and the world. There are 25, 740 square foot cabins, with potential for 54 more. The hot springs fill four large unique pools. The Spa, restaurant and many Eco amenities keep visitors busy for days; including the fresh water pool and bullet slide, blue river, large Botanical Gardens, Butterfly Gardens, natural mud bath and sauna, gym, and much more. Then, for more adventure, guests set-off on many Eco-adventure tours.
Business 2 Eco-Adventure tours include horseback riding, hiking, zip lining, water tubing, river rafting and much more.
The Eco-adventure tour operation is actually three businesses since it serves hotel guests and drop-ins; 1-day tours (serving clients staying elsewhere, with transportation & guide); and tour groups. Hotel guests and tour agencies enjoy significant advantages. First off, due to the large variety of tours; secondly the tours take place nearby (minimal time spent in transit); and thirdly, tours take place inside an enchanted rain forest.
BUSINESS 3: Dino Park
This major attraction was opened in January 2016; it is a park populated with dinosaurs inside the rainforest located in Blue River Estate’s private park. They are life size and animatronic, the only one in Central America and sure to be a top attraction for tourists and locals. It is a great producer and growing tremendously.
Blue River Estate Development
Close-by is Blue River Estate, a 75-acre owned and set up as an 85 residential lot subdivision. 26 acres are set aside as wilderness along the blue river Pénjamo with many jaw-dropping waterfalls. The lots are rolling, with views of the majestic volcano on one side and Lake Nicaragua on the other side. Lot sizes range from 590 square meters to over 7,500 square meters, all approved, serviced and with one model home. The private park and adjoining property is used for tours. This project represents special synergies with the resort and tours for ongoing revenue. The greatest revenue producer is for lot sales, house construction, time share & fractional sales which will bring in rental and management fees plus a new base of customers.
- 25 room Rain Forest Hotel, restaurants with high occupancy rate and Spa,
3 hot springs pools, mud bath, botanical gardens, butterfly garden.
- Additionally, over 80 lots available for time share or vacation club development.
- Great opportunity and unique tourism property potential for a luxury Boutique Hotel, Incentive travel destination, a franchise and mixed development, wellness & Spa, sustainable development.
- Great cashflow operation.
- This resort complex of 25 suites, 720 square feet with air condition, a relaxing terrace with hammock has received for five consecutive years the “Certificate of Excellence” & “Hall of Fame” from Trip Advisor for the #1 resort in Rincon de la Vieja. Fodor’s choice for being one of the 25 best family resorts in all central America.
- Blue River is one of 100 hotels recommended worldwide by the United Nations department for respecting bio-diversity while having a friendly approach with nature.
Tours and amenities:
- Natural green mineral hot springs pools
- 1 fresh water pools with a 30-meter
- Bullet waterslide
- Botanical Garden with over 700
- Variety species of plants and flowers
- Orchid gardens
- Butterfly garden
- Hummingbird sanctuary
- Restaurant & Tiki Bar
- Dry & humid Saunas
- Spa & Fully equipped Gym
- Volcanic mud baths
- Cayman Lake
- Ducks and bird’s lagoon
- Tropical frogs, koi fishes & turtle ponds
- Rainforest Adventures
- Zip Line & Tarzan Swing
- Tubing adventure down the blue river and dip into the blue river & private waterfalls
- Hiking into the rainforest
- Tour to the Catedral waterfall Cave and Safari Truck Tours.
- The best class 3 Rafting in Costa Rica (down the Cucaracho River)
- Bird watching and Horseback Riding Tours
- Dino Park (the only one in Central America)
Peter’s take: this Hotel and resort reflects the most on the movie “Jurassic Park”.
My daughter Sophia’s favorite Hotel and jungle resort in the world.
Great cashflow operation, and opportunity to obtain your own jungle park. This project could be interesting for a franchise Hotel and jungle services and its own jungle town. The interesting capital expenditure to be able to segregate and create a mixed residential development in the jungle. The owner has health issues and is willing to leave the project to a party to take the project to the next step.