Nestled in between two volcanoes, this eco lodge opens the doors to the astonishing Rio Celeste and the trails of the National Park Volcano “Tenorio”, being located at only 5 kms (about 3 Miles) from its entrance on the new access road to the park from Bijagua and 1 hour from the Liberia Airport, With a new road open the nearby the village of Bijagua has approximately 2,000 inhabitants and 3,000 more in the surrounding hamlets and is basically agriculture oriented. On a mountain top, this pioneer Eco lodge sits on a 3 hectares green area and 4 hectares of protected primary forest. Because neighboring properties also consist of protected areas, deep jungles surround the lodge with the national park Vulcan “Tenorio”. This lodge is located at 800 meters (2400 ft) and includes its own private reserve made of primary transitional rain-to-cloud forest.
This Lodge of 18 rooms boasts a very innovative, contemporary design, altering traditional parameters in hotel architecture, opening walls and spaces, blending the different areas and inviting the beauty of the surroundings right inside the building. The lodge has been designed under bio-climatic standards in order to adapt to the local conditions and under our Responsible Tourism philosophy, offering a comfortable, yet functional accommodation and stay. The materials used bring a rustic and modern look together, and the details, simplicity and refined creativity, all the way to your plate.
Around the building and on our own Celeste Trail of 2 kms(about 1.2 miles) in the primary forest, wildlife abounds, often allowing to spot and observe local fauna such as monkeys (howler and white-face), an extensive bird species list such as toucans, hummingbirds or parrots and even rare species, also butterflies and mammals as the tapir roams the property. One will also enjoy the rich diversity of the vegetation with centennial trees or vines.
- 18 rooms divided on 2 floors, all with awe-inspiring views, private bath, hot shower, design furnishing
- 1 Handicapped room and general access of the lodge
- 1 room for driver / guide
- Restaurant with panoramic view or onto interior gardens serving innovative "Tica-Fusion" cuisine.
- Bar with panoramic terrace
- “Tropical Hot Baths” set amidst exuberant covered gardens
- Reading area with chimney, opening to the covered gardens
- Tours and excursions in the region including the Rio Celeste
- The region of Volcan “Tenorio” is soon to become the new spot on the Costa Rica tourism scene. The region is earmarked for tourism growth and development, already in motion.
- This Lodge is strategically well located on the new access road to the National Park.
- This lodge is a unique product, set on a prime real estate property, in perfect price range, that stands out and makes its impressions on the guests.
- This Lodge is a high potential investment and a great business opportunity.
- According Trip Advisor this lodge is part of the top 25 trendiest lodges in Central America.